Yeah, totally Kudzu now.
Sunday, March 12, 2006
On Beyond Libby
Tomorrow morning I have my last follow-up BP check with my Ob to be certain that the postpartum pre-ecclampsia has resolved itself. It's also our opportunity to have The Talk.

We'll start with the usual chit-chat, she'll play with Libby for a minute, and we'll discuss my lab results. The subject will then turn to plans to try for another baby soon (Don't make that face. Unless you are my mother, my husband, or my Ob you have no real concept of my history or what we went through to have Libby). Phrases like "recurrent fetal heart anomalies," "unexplained fetal demise," "increased fetal and maternal monitoring," "repeat pre-ecclampsia," "freak cardiac arrythmia," "total lack of anesthetic response," and "frightening post-op kidney function" will be bandied about.

My weight will be an issue. She'll say "Maybe you should cut back on the cheese fries there, Chubby." And I'll say "Bite me, you sashimi-eating swizzle stick," because that's just the kind of earthy, crunchy relationship we have. Truth be told, it wouldn't hurt me to lose somewhere in the range of 40 pounds before conceiving again. I'm already very well aware that it would decrease my risk of having pre-ecclampsia a second time.

My appointment tomorrow will be both an end and a new beginning. Putting one Baby to bed and starting a new project, so to speak, hopefully taking "trying again" from a concept to a defined plan and seeing where it takes us.
posted by Tarah @ 5:23 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Us

Masquerading as Responsible Parents

Email Us
Previous Post
Archives
This Space For Rent
  • Cutie Pie Honeybunch
  • Bloggy Goodness
    Organizations, Causes, Kidstuff and Time Wasters