Yeah, totally Kudzu now.
Monday, February 20, 2006
I used to like snow....
but then I moved to a place where it actually snows more than an inch or two every other year.

I grew up in the deep south and we hardly ever got any snow. On the rare occasions when it did snow, it wasn't more than an inch and a half at best. We had about two inches here saturday night. Now two inches wasn't bad, but the dead battery in Tarah's car was.

When I went out to crank the car Sunday morning, it wouldn't even click. The cold killed the battery, and cracked the windshield for good measure. I had to let the car roll down the driveway, which was fun with no power steering and no power brakes, so I could get the truck close enough to jumpstart the car. After getting the car started and warmed up, it was off to church we went.

We stayed for sunday school and Libby was the belle of the ball. Everyone thinks she is so cute and so well behaved. I have to say I agree. Libby is wonderful.

Back on subject, snow.
It didn't snow most of the day yesterday, until last night. I had to clean about three inches of snow off the truck this morning. On the way to do this, I manged to knock a branch full of that evil white powder down the back of my neck. Just let me say that nothing will wake you up at 4:30 a.m. like a collar full of snow. After that brisk wake-me-up, I headed off to discover that none of the roads I had to travel to get to work had been salted. After an exciting game of "Hey, Where'd The Road Go?", in which I managed to guess right 95% of the time, I made it there in one piece.

Tarah's laughing at me, she thinks I'm overreacting. She says she can still find her golf ball.
posted by Ben @ 7:35 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Us

Masquerading as Responsible Parents

Email Us
Previous Post
Archives
This Space For Rent
  • Cutie Pie Honeybunch
  • Bloggy Goodness
    Organizations, Causes, Kidstuff and Time Wasters