Yeah, totally Kudzu now.
Sunday, July 30, 2006
Long time, no post.
No, we didn't fall off the face of the earth. We haven't slept much, but we are still here. Libby has turned into a whirlwind of activity. She doesn't even stay still in her sleep. Her crawling speed has picked up and she is pulling herself up on things. While this is cute as can be, it's also nerve-wracking. I catch my breath every time she tries to pull up or when she crawls over something, scared that she is going to hurt herself somehow. I know that it's all part of growing up and she will fall, but I can't help it.

She says "cah"(cat) and "Da-da" now. Da-da may be her third word but I don't care. We both teared up the first time she said it. If she could have asked for it, I would have given her anything in the world at that moment.

I turned 31 last week. For my birthday, I got a new bike and a little rickshaw type thing to pull Libby in. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but I can't wait to take her for a ride. Tarah cooked fried chicken, mashed taters, and green beans, followed by a chocolate cake with chocolate icing. I ate myself sick that night. Do I have an incredible wife or what?

Saturday, Tarah and I went to the Virginia Highlands Festival in Abingdon, VA. They had an antique sale and a quilt and fiber show. A lot of the antiques looked like they were picked up at a bad garage sale that morning. One vendor had a quilt identical to the one my mother-in-law got at JC Penney's. At the fiber show, Tarah learned how to spin roving into yarn using a drop spindle. The woman that showed her how to spin, said she did a really good job at it. I was really proud of her. All in all, we had a really good day. I don't think I've ever enjoyed spending time with anyone like I do with Tarah.
posted by Ben @ 11:30 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Tarah,
    My name is Jennifer Castleberry and I am down in Honduras, actually sitting with your mom at the moment and she is showing me your website. She told me that you might be able to help me put together a website so I can keep people updated with what is going on down here. I hope you're doing well, and I loved your pictures!
    My email is jscastle02@yahoo.com

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Us

Masquerading as Responsible Parents

Email Us
Previous Post
Archives
This Space For Rent
  • Cutie Pie Honeybunch
  • Bloggy Goodness
    Organizations, Causes, Kidstuff and Time Wasters